Denver DevOpsDays 2024, Call for Papers
April 29-30 (Monday,Tuesday)
Full event details
We welcome all kinds of speakers, if you have an idea and want some help please reach out to us!
We will be holding local meetups to write proposals, so if you have an idea and want some encouragement to write a good one come join us!
There are two ways to propose a topic at DevOpsDays:
- A 30-minute talk presented during the conference, usually in the mornings.
- An Ignite talk presented during the Ignite sessions (scheduling varies). These are 5 minutes slots with slides changing every 15 seconds (20 slides total).
Choosing talks is part art, part science; here are some factors we consider when trying to assemble the best possible program for our local audience:
- Broad appeal: How will your talk play out in a room of people with a variety of backgrounds? Technical deep dives need more levels to provide value for the whole room, some of whom might not use your specific tool.
- New local presenters: You are the only one who can tell your story. We are very interested in the challenges and successes being experienced in our local area. We are happy to provide guidance/coaching for new speakers upon request.
- Under-represented voices: We want to hear all voices, including those that may speak less frequently at similar events. Whether you’re in a field not typically thought of as a technology field, you’re in a large, traditional organization, or you’re the only person at your organization with your background, we are interested in your unique experience.
- Original content: We will consider talks that have already been presented elsewhere, but we prefer talks that the local area isn’t likely to have already seen.
- No third-party submissions: This is a small community-driven event, and speakers need to be directly engaged with the organizers and attendees. If a PR firm or your marketing department is proposing the talk, you’ve already shown that as a speaker you’re distant from the process.
- No vendor pitches: As much as we value vendors and sponsors, we are not going to accept a talk that appears to be a pitch for your product.
We invite you to submit your presentations on how the human factor enables, enhances, and optimizes various processes, such as:
Selected proposals will be announced on Feb 16th 2024
You can enter proposals until 2024-01-12 16:18 (America/Denver), 1 month, 1 week from now.